Here’s another conspiracy that turned out to be true. I can’t believe all the horror and testing that goes on behind the veil of government agencies. It’s almost sickening that we voted for these goons.
Anyway, if you haven’t heard about MNKULTRA, it was a codename for an illegal and covert CIA human research program involved in mind control. It began in the 1950s and continued until late 1960s. United States and Canadian citizens were used as test subjects for their “research”.
This barbaric illegal program was brought to the public’s attention by the U.S. Congress from investigations by the Church Committee and the Rockefeller Commission in 1975.
Some methods that were used for mind control and individual mental states were:
- Sensory deprivation
- Verbal and sexual abuse
- Drugs and chemicals, especially LSD
In 1973, the then CIA director, Richard Helms, ordered all MKULTRA documents destroyed, which hampered the investigations by the Rockefeller Commission and the Church Committee. Very few documents survived the destruction order. The CIA had to rely much on the sworn testimonies of direct participants and the few documents retrieved.
In 1977, a freedom of information act request turned up 20,000 documents that had been cached that related to the MKULTRA program. The information led to the Senate Hearings that took place in 1977.
Here’s a quote from Ted Kennedy while he was on the senate floor during the hearings:
The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over thirty universities and institutions were involved in an “extensive testing and experimentation” program which included covert drug tests on unwitting citizens “at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign.” Several of these tests involved the administration of LSD to “unwitting subjects in social situations.” At least one death, that of Dr. Olson, resulted from these activities. The Agency itself acknowledged that these tests made little scientific sense. The agents doing the monitoring were not qualified scientific observers.
MKULTRA’s precursor program was Operation Paperclip that was established in 1945. Other related programs were MKNAOMI and MKDELTA. MKULTRA had over 150 or more subprograms of research they funded that were spawned including CHATTER, BLUEBIRD, and ARTICHOKE. Cute naming system, huh? Morons.
And with a special arrangement, MKULTRA program(s) had 6% of the entire CIA budget, which has been estimated to be over $10 million in 1953. So a lot of money was spent on mind control.
Why did they even create this program in the first place? Because they heard the Chines, Koreans, and the Soviets were using mind control on their prisoners, and of course, we wanted to do the same thing. Gee.
Two goals that we know of that MKULTRA had, was a perfect “truth drug” and a “Manchurian candidate”. It is unclear if this was ever achieved, however, many believe that possibly Jack Ruby and Sir Han Sir Han were subjects in MKULTRA. Who knows. Could be.
Here is some copied text from the Wikipedia page:
One 1955 MKULTRA document gives an indication of the size and range of the effort; this document refers to the study of an assortment of mind-altering substances described as follows:
- Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
- Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
- Materials which will prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
- Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
- Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so that they may be used for malingering, etc.
- Materials which will render the induction of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness.
- Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called “brain-washing”.
- Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
- Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
- Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
- Substances which will produce “pure” euphoria with no subsequent let-down.
- Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
- A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
- Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
- Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
- A knockout pill which can surreptitiously be administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
- A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a person to perform physical activity
Sounds like they were into torturous and barbaric behavior. And nothing more. Here’s some things this program was involved in:
Some test subjects were given LSD for 77 consecutive days. Drugs that were given without consent were heroin, mescaline, psilocybin, sodium pentothal, temazepam, morphine and marijuana.
Some were hooked up to IVs with barbiturates in one arm and amphetamine in the other arm.
Others were hypnotized and had anxiety disorders created for them.
In Canada, they recruited Psychiatrist Donald Ewen Cameron, who created “psychic driving”. Yeah right.
Anyway, he was into trying to cure schizophrenics by erasing their memories. How? Electroconvulsive therapy for one – at 30-40% more than normal power. He also put people into induced comas for weeks and even months, and while in a coma he played recorded looped tapes of noise or recorded statements. He also used LSD in his experiments. Nothing but torture, pure and simple.
Now, the question to ask is – is this still going on? The CIA stands behind their statement that it was abandoned. But CIA veteran Victor Marchetti, in several interviews, has stated that the CIA routinely conducts disinformation campaigns and mind control research has continued. No duh. Ever heard of Project Pegasus? Or the Montauk Project? (see related posts below) Yeah, we know its still going on. We aren’t stupid.
Marchetti actually called the CIA abandoned statement a cover story. We get it by now, don’t we? The government lies to us and uses us for guinea pigs. What else is new?
There are several videos of the testimony by survivors, here’s one of them below.
Many subjects (people) were permanently damaged from the experiments, and there a few that were killed. So sad that we let the monsters loose on the public to do with as they please. What a shame.
Since the hearings in 1977, most of the information regarding MKULTRA has been classified. Go figure.